Moxie Multisport “Cactus Camp” Feb 26th – March 1st 2020 w/ special guest Heather Jackson
Moxie Multisport Cactus Camp – Feb 26th-March 1st
Coaching led by
Jason Lentzke, Owner – Toro Performance
Camp Itinerary: 2019 Itinerary below for example
- Arrive early to Moxie HQ have your bike assembled pre camp.
- Arrival and welcome dinner -6:30pm
Address: 4041 N 40th St, Phoenix, AZ 85018 Phone:(602) 553-7227
- Morning swim: 7:00am McDowell Mountain Ranch Pool -15525 N Thompson Peak Pkwy
Afternoon Ride:(3+hrs) 10:00am -Leave directly from pool
Seven Springs Ride
- Transition Run of 2 miles Greenbelt
- Lunch: Catered
Presentation on Fit Optimization
- (2) Fit Slots open prior to dinner with Blake Uptain
- Dinner: TBD
- 7am – Swim Practice McDowell Mountain Ranch -15525 N Thompson Peak Pkwy
- 9:30am- Morning Ride: South Mountain Ride 3-4 hour ride, with a few climbs up to the towers
- Lunch – Catered – Swim Analysis reviewed with coaches
- 3pm – Run
- Dinner 6:30 – TBD -Race Day Optimization Talk
- 8am – Swim Practice McDowell Mountain Ranch -15525 N Thompson Peak Pkwy.
- 1pm – Long Bike
- 6:00pm – Closing Dinner – Location -TBD
- 7am – Breakfast and Camp wrap up and final talk from coaches.
What to bring?
- -Tires with plenty of life (minimal cuts)
- -Gearing for sustained climbing (11/26-28)
- -Any special personal needs
- -Swim gear (buoy, band and paddles)
- -Cycling gear
- -Clothing for hot and cool riding. (average temps: low 45 F, hi 75 F)
Pro Athlete – Heather Jackson
Heather Jackson is a an American triathlete based out of Bend, Oregon whose accolades include a fifth place finish at the 2015 ironman World Championships in Kona, Hawaii, 3 time Wildflower Triathlon Champion, 2 time Ironman 70.3 Oceanside Champion, Ironman Coeur D’ Alene Champion, and 2013 Escape from Alcatraz Champion. (Heather’s website)
Coaches & Presenters
As the owner operator of Moxie Multisport racing and retail, Blake oversees the performance and training logistics. Working alongside high level coaches for the past 7 years, Blake has created a unique approach to how he applies he practices through functional movement training and workload management for his athletes. Blake is also USAT Level 1 certified coach as well as BG and Retul Fit Certified. Blake has coached Kona finishers to first time athletes and welcomes any athlete that is not afraid of hard work and commitment.
Under the guidance of his mentors, Jason Lentzke has developed himself into an elite level endurance athlete and coach. For the last ten years Jason has been coaching triathletes, cyclists, runners and endurance athletes of all skill levels. He has guided beginners to their first Ironman finish line, professional triathletes to the podium, Ironman age group champions, elite marathoners and virtually every skill level in between. As a life-long student of endurance sport, Jason shares a passion and commitment to excellence with his stable of athletes.
Jason enjoys working with individuals looking to push their personal limits and take their training and racing to the next level. Triathlon, cycling and endurance sport-specific training is the ultimate self-experiment. Therefore, constant communication with your coach is critical to get the most out of yourself and emerge from mediocrity. Consistency, patience and dedication are required to develop the skills needed to perform your absolute best. There are no short cuts and there is no such thing as “race-day-magic.” You must exceed the demands of competition in training.
- When: February 26th – March 1st Where: Scottsdale, Arizona
- For Who: Athletes willing to work hard, learn from coaches and fellow athletes to develop their triathlon skillset for 2019 and beyond.
- Cost: $800.00 Arrival/Departure; https://www.moxiemultisportatx.com/membership-account/membership-levels/
- Check in Wednesday at noon, depart Sunday afternoon
- We will have optional team training sessions on arrival/departure days.
- Athletes are responsible for their own airport transfer
Local Athlete Option –
For those who are local to the Phoenix metro and want to attend camp you will have a reduced rate just for camp as this will not include your dinners. Should you want the dinner included you would select the normal camp price at checkout.
We have secured a special camp rate at the Holiday Inn and Suites – Location -14255 N 87th St, Scottsdale Az 85260. – Link Holiday Inn & Suites-Moxie MultiSport
The rate is $219.00 per night. Normal rate is over $350 for this time of year in Arizona.
We will provide:
- -Survival Pack Retail Value – $800.00 (Wattie Ink custom cycle kit, SMITH Sunnies, Gatorade swag bag, Camp Hat, Camp T, Sunscreen, Swim Cap)
- -All on-road nutrition
- -Lunch Daily
- -Dinners Included
- -SAG vehicle for all rides
- -Bike mechanic
- -Nightly presentations